WYCKOFF, N.J. -- Justin and Kristen Korinis escaped unharmed, along with their 2-year-old son, Nixon, after authorities said a faulty generator ignited a two-alarm blaze at their new home Thursday night.
But flames destroyed just about everything else.
The couple bought the house, built more than 75 years ago at the corner of Godwin Avenue and Birch Parkway across from the Boulder Run Shopping Center, barely six months ago.
"Although home insurance is great, it will not cover everything," said Jennifer Star, Justin's SABRE Real Estate colleague, who launched a GoFundMe page for the family.
"Justin and Krista could use some love and help from everyone, since they are the first ones to help in any situation," Star wrote.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.