WYCKOFF, N.J. -- The Christian Health Care Center in Wyckoff will offer a babysitting course for teens 12 and older Monday, June 27 in the Building 1 Clinical Classroom.
Teens will learn 10 babysitting skills, as well as CPR. Topics to be covered in the morning session will include:
- Staying home alone safely.
- Diapering and feeding an infant.
- Age-specific and -appropriate fun activities.
- Child care safety.
- Basic First Aid.
- How to get a babysitting job safely.
- What to do when the child is sick or injured.
- How to handle behavior problems.
- Cleaning up after yourself.
- Setting a fee for work completed.
In the afternoon, participants will take the American Heart Association Friends and Family CPR course. They will learn how to do CPR on adults, children and infants, as well as learn what to do when someone is choking.
Participants will receive an official American Heart Association CPR book and CPR card via e-mail following the class.
The course fee is $50.
Space is very limited, and registration is required. To register, call Emily Brautigan at (201) 848-5510 or e-mail email@example.com., or Marlene Jarvis at (201) 848-4423 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The class is from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Building 1 Clinical Classroom is at 301 Sicomac Ave, Wyckoff.