OAKLAND, N.J. — Veterinarians and volunteers from Ramapo Bergen Animal Refuge, Inc.in Oakland returned to a home where officials last week found 80 cats in deplorable conditions.
The rescue is asking that — as part of #GivingTuesday efforts — people consider donating to the cause, which will aid the 14 cats and kittens rescued.
Each one needed critical emergency medical care and continue to face ongoing medical needs, the rescue said.
Funds will go toward:
- Medical exam tables
- Specimen Centrifuge - for diagnostic purposes
- Ringworm Lamp - to properly diagnose ringworm infections
- Otoscope & Ophthalmoscope - to examine eyes and ears properly
- Stethoscopes - to listen to heart, lungs and gastrointestinal tracts
- Tonopen - to assess for eye disease
- Doppler blood pressure box and cuffs - to assess blood pressure in cats and dogs
- Pulse Oximeter - to continuously monitor heart rate, respiratory rate and oxygen saturation for animals with respiratory issues
- Protein Refractometer - for reading total protein in blood and urine
- IV Fluid Pump - to provide lifesaving fluids and IV medicines
- In-house Blood-work Analyzer - to receive quick blood test results
- X-Ray Machine - to check for foreign bodies and fractured bones
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.