Here's a look at the five stories that topped news in Bergen and Passaic counties this week.
- A Palisades Park police officer was arrested on drug-related charges.
- A former Hackensack attorney from Paramus who was accused of walking into a stranger’s house half-naked in high heels once shocked a courtroom during a gang trial by announcing he’d temporarily quit.
- A Fair Lawn mom is forced to pay student loans days after he daughter's suicide.
- A cardiologist from Wayne and his wife admitted their roles in what federal authorities believe is the largest number of medical professionals ever prosecuted in a bribery case.
- Ridgewood school officials tried to cover up a series of incidents in which a 14-year-old girl was cyber-bullied by another student and a boy who tried to defend her was severely beaten, a defense attorney said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.