YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: A 57-year-old Oakland man was released on $75,000 bail after police today arrested him on charges of growing marijuana next to a local park.
Concerned citizens a week ago pointed Oakland police to 10 pot plants being grown next to Great Oak Park near the end of Spruce Street, Lt. Christian Eldridge said this afternoon.
Seen tending to the plants on surevillance video was Rory Dooley, Eldridge said.
Detective Bart Pagerie, who headed the investigation with the assistance of several officers, charged Dooley with :
- manufacturing/distributing marijuana;
- manufacturing/distributing marijuana within 1000 feet of a school;
- manufacturing/distributing marijuana within 500 feet of a public park;
- possession of more than 50 grams of marijuana;
- possession of drug paraphernalia.
Eldridge thanked the Bergen County Sheriff’s K9 unit, which also assisted.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.